(A continuation of Blog Every Day in May, which I didn't do.)
Monday, July 8, 2013
- I'm in a funk this week. Mr. P has surgery on his ankle on July 3rd and I've been nurse/stay-at-home mom for the last almost week. It is exhausting! I've never had a calling to be a nurse and I don't love taking care of people. It is incredibly
frustrating annoyingnot sure what it is but it isn't fun to be in charge of everything and have your right-hand man there but unable to do ANYTHING. Ugh.
- We had a great 4th of July. We went to a parade, took good naps and watched fireworks. Mr. P was a trooper and even made it out. I wasn't sure about walking in the dark, with crutches on the rocks but he made it! E spent the show with her fingers in her ears. She still doesn't love loud noises. I think she liked the actual fireworks though. The funny thing was when we made it back to the car she asked for a wipe. Her whole hand was covered in melted chocolate. I guess she spent the whole time with an uneaten M&M clutched in her fists.
- I took the kids camping over the weekend. Not by myself though. There were 21 of us in total, over half were "kids" although two are technically adults. It was a great time but man, again, I missed my other half. It was great to get out of the house.
- While we were camping we spent quite a bit of time throwing rocks into the nearby reservoir. If you look close you'll see that S's clothes are soaking wet. I encourage getting your feet wet, it is kind of my thing. If you are close by you should get in, if it is allowed. Well we all got our feet wet and S and E started picking up rocks while still in the water. S lost his balance and fell. He only fell to his knees and it didn't faze him a bit.
- Today is Mr. P's birthday... number 34. I've totally failed on the celebrating this year. I'm hoping to have a redo next month. Maybe we'll be able to actually celebrate. We did go to his favorite restaurant for lunch and got 1/2 price shakes at Sonic. It was the first time he'd been out of the house since the 4th.
- I decided today was a good day to try again with potty training. S was doing great about 6 weeks ago but now has no interest in going on the potty. E just wants the M&M, so she'll try as often as you let her. She actually went first thing this morning and proudly wore her sticker all day. I'm looking for any tips. I bought big boy/girl underwear to try. Maybe being wet will help them. Any thoughts? Should I give up trying to do both at the same time?