Friday, July 6, 2012

Shopping

This morning I went shopping... alone.  It was heaven.  Our babysitter sends me a text once a week asking when she can get her baby fix.  It works out really well for me.  She usually just takes the kids for the morning and I go work out and just wander around town.  It is good for S and E too, so they don't forget her over the summer.

Today we have 6 house showings.  So instead of going to work out I cleaned the house for the first three.  Then I went to Barnes and Noble.  I love bookstores.  I got some coffee and wandered a little.  I was actually looking for a Carl book.  You know, the one about the Rottweiler that watches the little baby?  E loves them and I was hoping to get her one for our road trip.  No luck.

Anyway... I walked by Christopher & Banks and almost walked by but decided to go in.  I never shop there but the store is closing so I thought I might find something good.  I have been looking for the perfect denim skirt for almost 2 years.  I have a maternity one from Gap that I love but I just can't wear it unless I'm pregnant.  Well I found one in Christopher & Banks.  It is the right length (slightly below the knee), a-line and slightly stretchy.  Patch Pocket Denim Skirt - Christopher & BanksThe only downfall was that it wasn't on sale.  Oh well, I didn't want to miss finding it again so I bought it.

I headed to the Loft, hoping to find something bright to wear for our family pictures in August.  I tried on a blue sweater and grabbed these pants just for fun.  I loved them!  I couldn't justify the price and I knew they would be in the store for awhile so I'm waiting.  They were so cute.  Maybe I've been wearing the wrong style of pants.  They will look great with a simple top and with E's red flower dress for our pictures and they're dressy enough for work.

Then I went to Gymboree.  I knew they were having their sale and I was hoping to find some winter clothes for the kids.  I can't believe their dresses and sweaters were only $6.99.  I bought all this for about $50.

Now all we need is one of the 6 people to buy our house today.

No comments:

Post a Comment