Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Miscellany Monday... on a Tuesday

miscellany monday at lowercase letters

  1. My life has been CRAZY the last month.  We went on a two week road trip to the Pacific Coast.  I had intended to write about how to travel with 18 month old twins.  Our trip included a LOT of car time, some family visits, the kids first trip to the beach, my first time to Oregon, and the kids first flight.  I guess it all comes down to this... take along a set of grandparents.  Travelling with grandparents is WONDERFUL!  They are willing to stay with the kids during nap time, they help feed them, they help push strollers, and a ton of other stuff too.
  2. When we got back from our trip we had 10 days to get ready to move.  We moved into our house almost 9 years ago.  We were just newlyweds.  It was the perfect house for us then, but not now.  I intended to write a post about moving out of our first home too. 
  3. We moved into our new house 11 days ago.  Since then we've painted two bedrooms, a bathroom and a family room.  I guess I shouldn't say we... I only really did touch up on one bedroom and the ceiling on the other.  The people who lived here before us were not great painters and let their teenagers do their own rooms.  Yikes!
  4. Yesterday I had to go back to work.  Summer is over.  This summer's end snuck up on me.  I wasn't  am not ready for school to start.  I'm still in the organizing the new house mode.  I have a new teaching partner this year.  My old work husband teaching partner decided he wanted a change a moved schools on me.  He had been there 15 years and it was time for him to have a change.  Working with someone new is hard.  I like my new partner... another male teacher, but he isn't the old one.  (I did get an e-mail from the old teaching partner saying, "I miss my old teaching partner."  It made me tear up.  New guy will be good but I don't think he'll be as fun.)  Just a side note... I don't actually have anything against working with a female but I teach 5th grade and we had lost our ONLY male staff member and we were hoping to find another one.  New guy is great and happens to be male too.
  5. Our new neighborhood is known to have a snake problem.  WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME BEFORE?!  I am very afraid of snakes.  I saw my first one today.  It was only a 6 in. garter snake but still it scared me enough to make me shriek and quickly get the kids and I inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment