Wednesday, April 21, 2010

To Tell or Not to Tell

I struggle with this quite frequently. Who do you tell about your infertility? Just close friends? Just your family? No one... I don't really feel ashamed, not anymore anyway, but it is TMI for most people in my life. It is hard to explain why I can't workout for two weeks or why I'm avoiding any cardio classes or why I haven't been running, without some mention of infertility. I could lie, but what is the point in that. Everyone who knows about what P and I are going through has been completely supportive. BUT do normal couples share (or have to) what happens in their bedroom? Even though everything ISN'T happening in the bedroom? My male teaching partner had been purposely kept in the dark. I don't feel comfortable sharing any of that kind of information with him. He is a guy after all and my husband doesn't even like to hear about some of the stuff I have to do. But since I was on Clomid I felt like it was fair to give him a heads up. I think my other teaching partner has filled him in, or maybe his wife who is also a friend. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment