Saturday, May 1, 2010

Waiting

I am constantly surprised about how little moms know about how to get pregnant... those who didn't have trouble any way. I guess there are just a few of us who are forced to learn more about hormones and timing and waiting than the others. I have a couple of friends at work who I've told about what is going on and they both asked, "When will you know?" I guess I've lost the difference between general everyone knowledge and just "infertile" knowledge. I thought that if you've been pregnant and have had a couple of kids you would know that fertilization (hopefully) occurs on day 14 and you have to wait about 2 weeks before you know if you are indeed pregnant.
The waiting really is the hardest part. My waiting to find out will end sometime in the next couple of days for me. I then will learn if I can plan for a New Year's baby or move on to the next big, EXPENSIVE step. Over the last couple of weeks I have analyzed everything I've done. Should I workout? If so can I lift? Should I avoid my Bootcamp class? How about running? What should I eat? Do I need to avoid all caffeine? Or just limit it? What about alcohol? Is one drink okay or nothing at all? The most frustrating part is that there aren't any clear answers. I just want someone to tell me what I can and cannot do.
I'm hoping for the best... my mom could be a soon-to-be-grandmother on Mother's Day and I think that might be the best Mother's Day gift there is. I am also preparing for the worst... I sent an e-mail to the acupuncturist that I'm hoping to see during the IVF cycle and hopefully I'll be able to get in sometime next week.
I'll just keep waiting.... but not patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment