Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Just Thoughts...

After awhile of struggling with infertility I started to hear about friends and acquaintances that had miscarriages. I've always thought that it was better to be a never than a was. I can't imagine the pain and heartbreak that a miscarriage would cause. To have your hopes and dreams and future being planned and then taken from you. Heartbreaking.
I have 3 high school friends, that I know of, that have lost babies. No, not due to a miscarriage but shortly after they were born. The most recent, a 3 week old to apendicitis. I haven't talked to her since high school but from what I know this little boy was not an accident but an answer to prayers. Prayers 3 years in the making. My heart aches for her. I cannot imagine the grief that she feels. To have, and to have held and cared for and loved this little boy and all that he was to become... ugh. Heartwrenching.
I read stories (they're all over on blogs) and I just cry. Being a mother I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child, at any age.
I'm so thankful to have these two beautiful, spunky, funny little people. I am constantly reminded how lucky I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment