Thursday, June 21, 2012

Memories

Every day I think of all of the posts that I will write once the kids get in bed.  I sit down, I open Blogger, and I'm completely blank.  S and E are growing at alarming rates and I'm so worried that if I don't write things down I won't remember what it is like right now.  I want to remember everything.  I don't know if it is because this may be my only chance to experience having a toddler and I'm afraid I'll miss it or what, but I might make myself crazy over it.

This is what I want to remember from the last couple of days:
  • Today we went and watched a basketball game and E was so excited.  She sat on the bench attentively and watched the players, pointed out the ball and tried to flirt with the refs.  But only for about 10 minutes.  But during those 10 minutes it was pretty stinking cute.  S also was very intrigues by the game.  This kid can find a ball even if it is hidden like Waldo.  (You know Where's Waldo?)  Anyway sometimes he will point out a ball and I'll have to search the room, store, etc to find out what he is talking about.  And I always find something spherical, that he is calling a ball.  This was not their first game, and won't be their last.  My husband coaches high school basketball so the kids went to many games during the winter, but were really too little to get into them.  I can't wait for next winter.  We'll hope for 15 minutes of bench sitting and attentive watching.  :-)
  • Also today we went to Sam's Club.  This is pretty much a weekly event at our house.  Tonight you two were feeling a little ornery.  I think it had something to do with just a morning nap and then a couple of short car naps and being away from home all afternoon.  As you were sitting in the awesome two seated cart you would alternate whacking each other on the head and then hitting your own head when we would remind you to be gentle to your brother/sister as if to say, "It doesn't hurt, look, I'll do it to myself."  Then we'd tell you to hug your brother/sister and E would put her arm around S and S would lean into her and snuggle for a second and then be back to whacking each other.  If one of you would just cry when you got hit on the head perhaps we could get you to stop.  I'm sure other parents would appreciate learning that lesson but the two of you don't seem to be bothered by it.
  • On Monday we went and looked at a house we thought would be ours, if only they didn't accept an offer the day we were going to submit one.  Oh well, there is a better one out there.  Hopefully the one we see tomorrow!  Back to the story... the house is empty and we brought the two of you with us to look at it a second time.  You two didn't know what to do with yourselves and an empty house.  You giggled and ran all over that house.  Then we had enough of that you opened all of the drawers and cabinets.  Then you went up and down the stairs and up and down the stairs in the master bathroom.  Then we went to gymnastics where you ran and climbed over everything too.  E, you made friends with the teacher, and she was nice enough to pay attention to you.  Maybe she wants to be your friend too.  She even held you while she spread out the parachute.  I think you like her because she helps you do forward rolls.  (Not somersaults, but forward rolls.)
  • After gymnastics we went swimming.  We were already in the rec center so it was free!  Yippee!  And I got peed on, by little Miss E.  Little stinker, this has NEVER happened to me in the first 17 months of her life.  Dad sure thought it was funny though, since a couple of days before I got peed on by S.

No comments:

Post a Comment