Saturday, June 19, 2010

Update

Wow, I didn't realize that I was so far behind. Retrieval went well. There were 15 eggs. We had decided to go ahead and fertilize some with ICSI just so that we were guaranteed some would be fertilized. So 11 were fertilized using ICSI and 4 naturally. Overall 7 fertilized, 5 ICSI and 2 natural.

The retrieval wasn't too bad. The drugs really knocked me out so it is all a blur. I slept most of the day and then laid low on Wednesday. I was still a little sore.

Our 7 embryos all made it until Saturday which was transfer day. The Good Doctor said he didn't remember the last time that had happened. :-) We took that as a good sign. Our doctor doesn't grade the embryos like some others, at least we didn't know to ask and they didn't tell. I'm guessing they all looked good.

Saturday they transferred 2. It was cold and rainy and we had to get to the acupuncturist at 6 am, then the Good Doctor at 7, then after the procedure lay for an hour and then back to the acupuncturist. Once I got home it was best rest for 3 days.

The actual transfer went well. The doctor told us what to expect after the results from the pregnancy test on the 24th. He said we were great patients to work with and he felt like we had a better than average chance of getting pregnant. :-) All great things to hear. We of course have heard that everything went great almost every time we did an IUI, and nothing ever happened. So we are hoping for the best this time.

The three days were awful. I thought I would sleep a lot and it would be relaxing since the weather was so bad. But laying down for that long makes your body sore. P was an awesome nurse and waiting on me with no complaining. He also kindly reminded me that I needed to be laying down if he thought I was up for too long. Needless to say I was very happy to be done with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment