Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is a lot like a birthday. I want to do something fun and different but I don't have any ideas. I struggle with coming up with the "perfect day", mostly because it would need to be more than 24 hours long. So here is a list of things I'd like to do to celebrate Mother's Day and what I don't want to do.
I want to:
  1. Go to breakfast. This is one of those things that we rarely, if ever do. I didn't use to be a breakfast out person but once I go pregnant with S and E I craved breakfast food. So, a little breakfast food is a great way to be reminded of those cravings of French toast, eggs, pancakes... Sam's Club was also out of my coffee syrup so we'll need to get coffee somewhere in the morning. Done.  We made it to breakfast at about 8.  We ended up having to wait but not for too long.  S and E were kept busy by walking around the outside of the restaurant.
  2. Take a nap. I'd love to sleep in but it would interfere with going to breakfast. Luckily during the weekend I can usually get at least one nap a day in. The last couple of days have been dreary and perfect napping weather. We will see what tomorrow brings.  Check it off the list. 
  3. Snuggle with my babies. This morning E woke up crying at about 6:15. She normally isn't the first one up and doesn't usually cry when she gets up. I was able to snuggle with her in our bed and she went back to sleep. We used to do this a lot when the kids were still little. We don't get many morning snuggles anymore. They would much rather be playing than sleeping in bed. I miss my snuggle time and would love more tomorrow.  S was up early.  I managed to get him to snuggle for about 15 minutes.  He seemed a little out of sorts tonight.  He didn't eat much at dinner.  I sure hope he is okay.
  4. Do something new with the kids. I have no idea what this would be or if we'll do anything but I love it when we get to introduce them to something new. A couple of weeks ago it was feeding the ducks. They didn't really feed the ducks because S ate every piece of bread we gave him to feed to the ducks, but the idea was there. Then the geese showed up. I was saying, "Honk, Honk" like the geese and S grabbed his nose. Silly boy... he made the connection to what we've been saying when he grabs our noses.  Ran out of time and ideas for this one.
  5. Spend time with my mom.  My mom and I got some time to do some shopping before dinner tonight.  A nearby very small town has a store that is only open one weekend a month and this was the weekend!  I found a cute neckalace and bracelet.  We then headed to HomeGoods which just opened in our town last weekend.  We then went to dinner with my dad and Mr. P and the kids.
I don't want to:
  1. Do laundry.  Boo... had to do laundry.  Still waiting on a load to finish as I type this.  That is why I'm awake and not in bed.
  2. Worry about work. (I will have to because I'm probably taking Monday off and I will need to make sub plans.)  I worried about work and spent too much time deciding if I was going to take the day off.  I couldn't get myself to go in a make sub plans (I took a nap instead) so I will be working tomorrow. 
  3. Clean. I don't want to pick up or clean cups. These are two of my least favorite "mom" duties. I put mom in quotes because Daddy usually cleans all the sippy cups. I trained him early.  Success!
  4. Change poopy diapers because it is just not my favorite. Couldn't get out of this one either.

No comments:

Post a Comment