Monday, May 13, 2013

Public Apology

Dear Family,

I apologize for my lack of patience.  Some days it all gets used up with the big kids I teach at work.  They do their best to get to me and most of the time I make it home with a tiny bit of patience in my reserve.  I try to not let the toddlerness get to me but lately I just can't seem to get past it.  I know you are little people trying to learn  your limits and I'm trying my best to keep calm when you repeatedly ignore my requests or shriek/scream when you don't get your way.  I promise I will try harder to relish in the little moments that make me love being your mommy. Oh, and I'll promise I WILL make dinner for you more than once this week so you can learn good eating habits.

Mr. P, I'm sorry to letting my mind get in the way of my heart.  I still struggle every day with baby-wanting fever, even though we are so lucky to have two jumping, screaming, giggling toddlers running around our house.  I get stuck in the fact that my body doesn't work the way it should and that interferes with other wife stuff.  You are certainly growing into being a daddy and I am so glad that you are able to calm the shriek/screaming little girl when I can't do it anymore and that you and I are on the same page with a certain little boy who is testing us. 

Love,
Mommy

Non-related picture of the perfect spring evening we had here.  Can't wait for summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment