- Awkward hugs and cheek kisses. You know the kind, mostly the ones you aren't ready for, you're not standing in the right spot, or if you're a teacher to older children, the ones where their head hits in a bad spot and they go in for an unexpected front hug. I'm not naturally a hugger so most of the time it is uncomfortable.
- Confrontation. I'm a typical middle child and I dislike conflict. I don't like having to confront anyone... a co-worker, a store clerk, or the person who answers the customer service line. I also get uncomfortable around other people conflict. I have many friends who love the Real Housewives of ___________ but I just can't do it, to much fighting for me.
- Perceived social awkwardness. You know when you see someone, or hear someone start to say something that isn't right for the situation or the audience. I get uncomfortable for them. Maybe I'm too empathetic.
- Running while anyone is watching. Another good reason why I don't run anymore.
- Ending phone calls that aren't going anywhere... sorry mom.
Friday, May 3, 2013
Things that make me uncomfortable: